NetApp to talk business critical applications at vForum2012
Cloud technology is transforming the IT landscape, and represents huge opportunities for Australian businesses. Private Cloud technology, with server virtualisation at its core, helps speed up business processes as well as help IT departments overcome challenges such as increasing infrastructure costs and the exponential growth of data.
An agile Private Cloud infrastructure provides business with many benefits including the flexibility to scale up or down to meet the needs of any situation, while simultaneously reducing infrastructure costs. Many of NetApp’s customers have seen significant improvements to the efficiency of their IT departments since adopting an agile data infrastructure based on cloud technology. Server virtualization has increased productivity, enabling them to transition away from inefficient applications and silo based infrastructure.
Like any new technology, adopting a cloud based infrastructure is not without it challenges. Virtual infrastructure complexities, concerns about performance, availability, security and cost have traditionally prevented many organisations from virtualizing business critical applications.
vForum 2012 provides a fantastic opportunity for technology decision makers to meet with NetApp representatives to learn more about how adopting a Private cloud infrastructure and server virtualization can increase efficiency in their business. It will also provide a stage for NetApp to address common storage challenges about virtualizing business critical applications, including:
- The need to maintain optimal application availability for the business
- Virtualization and sharing of storage resources
- Security and containerization of business critical applications
- Prioritization of business critical applications on a shared storage infrastructure
- Agility to bring applications online quicker
- Not meeting recovery point objectives (RPO) due to backups not completing in the defined window
- Not meeting recovery time objective (RTO) as the process is too slow
- Needing large amounts of storage to create database copies for environments such as dev/test and needing vast amounts of time to do so
- Long time to provision storage or add capacity and deploy applications
- Low overall storage utilisation
Make sure you don’t miss out on hearing from Vaughn Stewart, NetApp director of cloud computing and virtualization evangelist, who will be presenting on how storage is a key enabler for business critical application transformation and the rise of the software defined data centre.
For those keen to engage in a deep-dive session with one of our virtualization experts, 1:1 sessions are available and can be booked, on the day, at the NetApp platinum stand.
- See NetApp’s VMworld award-winning demo
- See how clustered ONTAP can simplify data mobility by moving workloads non-disruptively between storage nodes
- Learn about NetApp’s planned integration with VMware VVOLS (coming in 2013)
- See Virtual Storage Console with vSphere 5.1 and clustered ONTAP in action
- Learn about why FlexPod (TM) is the best of breed data centre platform to accelerate your transition to the Cloud
- Explore how NetApp’s big data solutions can turn your big data threat into opportunities
And for all the Mo Bros (and Mo Sistas) out there, come by our NetApp platinum stand at vForum2012 and support NetApp’s Movember campaign. Help us to raise funds and awareness for men’s health issues, including prostate cancer and male mental health.
See you at vForum 2012 (14-15 November) at the Sydney Convention and Exhibition Centre. Register here: https://isa.infosalons.biz/reg/vforum12s/login.asp?src=vmware_eng_eventpage_web&elq=&ossrc=&xyz=