It’s now the end Movember which for me was a time to focus on men’s health, and in particular mental health. Most of you will know that I can be a moody old thing from time to time and some of you will know the impact that depression has on young men in particular, and how that caused me to lose a number of good friends.
To show my commitment, I donated my face to the cause by growing a moustache for the entire month of November. My Mo sparked a number conversations, and no doubt generated some laughs; all in the name of raising vital awareness and funds for prostate cancer and male depression.
Why am I so passionate about men’s health?
- 1 in 9 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime
- This year 20,000 new cases of the disease will be diagnosed
- 1 in 8 men will experience depression in their lifetime
I’m asking you to support my Movember campaign by making a donation by either:
- Donating online at: http://mobro.co/JohhMartin
- Writing a cheque payable to ‘Movember’, referencing my Registration ID: 2207632 and mailing it to: Movember, PO Box 60, East Melbourne, VIC, 8002
If you’d like to find out more about the type of work you’d be helping to fund by supporting Movember, take a look at the Programs We Fund section on the Movember website: http://au.movember.com/about
Thank you in advance for supporting my efforts to change the face of men’s health.